The Rock Church - Blended StepFamily Ministry

Please share your story

Search by the verse that applies. For 1Cor13:5 type 5

Sunday, February 28, 2010

God rejoices in the truth. When was the last time I rejoiced?

1Cr 13:6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Love, I recalled that "God is Love". Of course He does not delight in evil. He is all about the truth, and I can see why He would rejoice with the truth. So now how does this apply to me?

What hit me first was truth.  We all know that the truth can make life interesting. "Sweetheart do I look fat in this outfit"? I will leave that discussion to you and behind closed doors, good luck.

What really applies is living out a life that is Christ centered, truth centered, love centered and an example to the family and friends that are always watching and listening. Think about it, what do you think about a person that you know tells a lie to one of their friends, their co-workers or their boss?  Do you trust them more or do you wonder when they have lied to you?  What about the time they gossiped about a mutual acquaintance? Were they delighting in evil?  Were you delighting in evil so that it wouldn't be a little uncomfortable if you spoke out to defend the truth?  Are you the one that said the joke that was offensive?

1Cr 13:7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres.  These are all easy to do, when it is convenient.  The hard part is ALWAYS.  Tell me that we are not going to fall short at least once in our life.  Once a year, month, day or on some things, once an hour. How am I suppose to apply these two verses to my everyday life?

BY GRACE.  I will give it the old college try, plan to succeed, do my best, and strive for excellence.  But I find my comfort, peace, and the love of God when grace touches my life.  By grace we are saved, especially when we just finished a bible study, met a friend at church, or see someone that we know and we start to talk about them behind their back.  The next time you have a choice what will Truth + Love ALWAYS = ?

No comments:

Post a Comment